7.18.2007

Calling all tooth fairies~

Jacob just left to go have three baby teeth pulled. Ouch! I took him in yesterday to get a good cleaning and have the dentist check out a bothersome tooth. See, this bothersome tooth is an impatient adult tooth that couldn't wait it's turn to come in. The dentist advised me this is very common and it makes perfect sense to just pull that baby tooth so that the adult tooth can move forward. However, he also explained that his teeth won't have enough room with the two adult teeth he will have now. So he would recommend pulling two additional teeth, to make the room needed. I am foreign to dentistry mumbo jumbo and decided to just take his word for it, and hope that he isn't just pulling for the sake of pulling. So I ok'd his plan and made the appointment for tonight. The crazy thing is, Jacob isn't even worried one bit, in fact he said he can't wait. I would be scared and nervous, but hey that is just me. So off he went to the dentist. I opted to stay home with Hannah while Matt went with. I just don't think my pregnant self could handle seeing them pull teeth from my baby, er, I mean big boy. The blood, the sounds, no thanks.
Matt and I discussed the tooth fairies agenda on this. Jacob still deserves his teeth losing money, but at what cost. We decided that having them pulled, warranted a greater pay out, to make up for the pain he will feel. So I think we will give him a buck for each tooth. Normally we pay out 50 cents. I hope that that is enough and that the pain of this goes by fast for my guy. I have plenty of Popsicles and pudding, should he need them!

3 comments:

MBS said...

YEOWCH! Hope the little guy feels better!

Anonymous said...

Ouch!! I had the same thing happen when I was little, Jacob is way more brave than I ever was... and still am! Good choice staying home mama, I would have done the same thing!

Unknown said...

My baby had 3 baby teeth pulled at once just a few months ago and it didn't even phase her. Kids are so much more resiliant the we are!