7.02.2007

29 Weeks~

Today marks my 29th week of pregnancy. You could say I am feeling pretty good, aside from the norm of pregnancy aches and pains. Yesterday I thought my poor hips would bust out, I couldn't get comfortable no matter what I tried. I have an OB appointment this afternoon. He said that he will start putting me on the monitor pretty soon when I go in, just to see how the contractions are doing. See, I have had them for a while now and thankfully they aren't doing anything to put me into pre-term labor, but these docs keep a close eye on me nonetheless. Some of the contractions are getting a tad uncomfortable, but I know the worst is yet to come.

When I reach a milestone in the pregnancy, which to me is about every week. I am proud that I made it so far. With this week upon me, I think to myself- "If history repeats itself, this baby will be here in 6-7 weeks." Because that is when I had Jacob and Hannah. This is a bit startling. You count every week, wait for the next and at times just want to be done and have your munchkin home in your arms. But, I want him healthy too, not too early. I have everything ready and waiting. The clothes are almost all washed, the nursery complete, car seat ready. No bags packed, because I wait till the last minute on that one. Otherwise, we are all patiently waiting. Hannah keeps asking when he will get out of my belly button and Jacob explains that he needs to get a little bigger first. We go through this every day.

When he is ready he will come. I am ready with open arms. Our house is ready to be filled with more love.

To those mom's out there past their due date, or coming within close range. I feel for you. I think about you and pray for you. Soon your arms will be full and content.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your contractions have stopped! Crazy that your babe could be here in 6-7 weeks. Good luck w/ the pregnancy!