7.24.2007

32 Weeks~

Another great milestone for my pregnancy was reached yesterday. I am proud of myself and for Ryker for staying put a little longer. I went to my Perinatologist appointment yesterday. I wasn't there for long, never am, but got some new info.
Ryker is weighing approximately 4 pounds and 1 ounce, which is super if you ask me! He is very active, as he repeatedly hit himself in the head during the ultrasound. Looks like he will come with some hair too, as the doc pointed out some "fuzz" on the screen! I wish I knew what color, red maybe? We will see!
My cervix didn't change much from the last visit a week ago, but he is now as far down as he can go without it opening and him coming out, so it is apparent that he is prepared for when the time comes.
I only have one more appointment with this Dr., which is in two weeks. Once I hit that 34 week mark (fingers crossed), he isn't as worried. He said I would be more likely to take Ryker home with me when I leave the hospital at that point, instead of having to leave him in the NICU. Of course nothing is for sure until he comes and we know how he is really doing. But, two weeks is hope for me. Once I get through the next two weeks, then I will tell myself "I can do this, let's do another two weeks." And, maybe it will happen.
He is still very active in there. I lay and watch my stomach and see some strange things going on. I don't remember my stomach becoming so distorted when the other's kicked, but that was a while ago too. He pushes up towards my ribs sometimes, with his feet I assume, and it catches my breath a little short. Otherwise, I am pretty comfortable now that he has "engaged" and moved down a bit. Not that he is huge to begin with, but it is a bit better now.
I think I should rewash Ryker's bedding, the bassinet bedding, and pick out an outfit for him to wear home. I have been putting off the outfit though. He won't be very big and I really don't know what will fit. I honestly would rather run up to Babies R' Us and get one of the preemie outfits they have, just in case. In fact, I think I will, just so I feel more prepared. The other two wore preemie clothes, and I am sure Ryker will follow suit.
Otherwise, we have everything else we need. Oh, except for a diaper bag. That isn't the end of the world. There is one that we really want, we just need to get it. The thing is, it is $40 and I need to talk myself into spending that on a bag. But, I really like it, so we will see.
Here is to another two weeks, c'mon Ryker, we can do this, k buddy!

2 comments:

MBS said...

That is such good news Luanne!!

I'll keep praying you make it to 34 weeks or more!

Anonymous said...

Gp Ryker we're rooting for you buddy! Prayse can't wait to meet you!

Luanne you should totally hit up BRU for a preemie outfit and splurge on the diaper bag. It will make you feel so good, it's the little things!