6.29.2007

Dr.'s Frustrate Me~

For the last two days I have had a pain in my left side. It has affected my sleep, my mood, my work, and everything in between. I finally decided at work last night, that maybe I should go to the doctor. I got off around 8:30pm, and figured it would be easier to go to those Urgent Care Clinics than to mess around and try to get a hold of my OB. So, I come home and get hubs and J-man and drive on over. We fill out the necessary paperwork and wala, we are in.
The nurse takes my stats and moves us into a room. She then asks what the problem is, asks some questions, than proceeds to tell me that they really don't take OB patients. Sweet!!! So I wasted my time here to have someone look at my side, which by the way I don't think is OB related, and they pretty much won't help me. So she says she will talk to the Dr. and see what he wants to do. He comes in barely speaking English and asks some more questions and tells me that he can at least take a pee test.
So on I go to piss in a cup for them. I apparently pass that with flying colors and he pushes around on my tummy, I say "Ow" a couple times, he says "Oh that is your kidneys" and continues to push. He then walks out of the room and comes back moments later.
"You are having ligament pain, I can't give you anything for the pain, so go home and take Tylenol and ice it if you need to." THE END. That was his conclusion. Wonderful.
I am on my third pregnancy and I am pretty sure it wasn't ligament pain, but OK asshole with a PhD, you know best.
So we came home, I popped a couple more useless Tylenol, a sleeping pill and went to bed. My side is better this morning, which is good, but I am still frustrated at the doctor.

1 comment:

Marty, a.k.a. canape said...

Hi Luanne,

I can't paste the code here, but if you send me an email to canapesun AT yahoo DOT com, I can get it to you and some instructions too.

Thank you for the add!

canape